Recent Posts

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Colour Scheme.


I took the colour scheme from the album cover we have chosen, and I noticed that the main colours used were very bright and bold and clashed with the rest of the image. I started to research exsiting colour trends and found that these bold colours have been noted on the catwalks this year. Designers such as Jill Sanders, have used block colours to create a bright clash. I then started to look on WGSN and found similar colour palettes to the one found in our image, which have been inspired by clashing and unpredictability. I really love the words to describe the colours, such as; intoxicating, chemical and weird. I think kind of sums up the london underground scene in the sixties as it was corrupt with sex and drugs. I then started to look at online shopping websites such as ASOS and Topshop and found that these trends are now being released in stores, however I found that the bright colours where kept in the accesories and shoe departments as this seems to be more commercial for everyday shoppers. I feel we could use this colour scheme, however make it more subtle by using only hints of fusia, aqua, lime, yellow etc. in the styling, by accesories and make-up. 



The inside of the album cover is a visual explosion of colour and is a good example of colour blocking. One of the biggest up and coming trends for spring/summer is bright, block, colour colour clashing. I love the neon feel to the brightness of the colours, it is a good example of Peter Blakes work as he trys to incorporate brightness with very desaturated and dull images, which is something we want to experiment with in our photography.

Ax



0 comments:

Post a Comment