Recent Posts

Thursday 27 January 2011

Fashion trend: Rope

On our chosen image the styling follows a military trend which involves a lot of rope and tassles. I find this really interesting as it creates texture to the outfits, and could also be an angle for us to look apon as during my research I have come across trends on this years catwalk shows which include a lot of rope detailing.



These are some examples of the trends on the 2011 catwalk using rope and tassel detailing. I really like nautical and rural effect it adds to the garments, this could be something we could experiment when doing our photoshoot as we are planning on shooting at Liverpool Albert Dock where the nautical, military theme would tie in nicely and create an overall nautical feel to the images.

I also went to buy some small pieces of rope and tassels to study the texture and movement it can create, I photographed the rope using a macro lens to capture the fine detail of the threads and tassels. I used photoshop to change the Hue and Saturation to create a colour scheme similar to the colours on the album cover.


Ax

1 comments:

Comic strips and Lunch said...

I really love how the rope is used in some of these pieces- its used to accessories the prints and colours! The rope on the Sgt Pepper uniform show us thats it military and or band uniform- which shows the relationship the band has together. Maybe we could use rope in our photo shoot to link the models together? or maybe we could use it in some other creative way?

Post a Comment